June 9, 2023

Bio in cosmetics: 5 good reasons to adopt it

Prohibited ingredients prohibited
Recently, we have the impression that every week we discover that an ingredient in the heart of our cosmetics has always been at risk for our health, bad for our skin or our hair.
It was first the parabens, then the aluminum salts, the silicones, the PEGs or the sulphates. Even if worries are not always proven, it maintains psychosis and we end up looking at our moisturizer usual of a bad eye. Organic care is formulated without toxic substance. Ingredients considered at risk and which could be harmful to health are indeed prohibited by certification bodies such as Ecocert.

More natural formulas
Not only are risky ingredients banned, but organic formulas are also more natural and thus contain no petrochemicals (and therefore no petroleum derivatives). Be careful, that does not mean that they are 100% organic and natural. To be certified organic, the formula of a cosmetic must contain at least 95% of ingredients of plant origin (which still leaves room for 5% of non-natural ingredients) and only 10% of organic ingredients .

Cosmetics not tested on animals
Ecocert or Cosmebio certified beauty products have been formulated and produced without any experimentation on animals. Ecocert does not allow any animal test for either the ingredients used or the finished product. Certain assets of animal origin are also prohibited. In fact, only those ingredients whose production has no impact on the health of the animal itself, such as bee products (wax, honey) or dairy products, are allowed.

More eco-friendly beauty products
Bio does not necessarily rhyme with green, but the green cosmeto still has a few steps ahead of the traditional cosmeto. It thus uses mainly plant ingredients and therefore biodegradable. And the assets used from organic farming have necessarily been less polluting to produce. In addition, to be certified Ecocert, organic products must have environmentally friendly packaging: non-polluting and always recyclable (they are sometimes even from recycled materials).

Better concentration in assets
Organic cosmetics often contain more active ingredients than traditional cosmetics (we speak of 35% on average for the first against often only 1% for the second). In addition, since these assets must meet the requirements of certification bodies, their traceability is also better.

Find our special selection Bio: My beauty routine goes green


To read also: Face and body: our selection of organic care

WHO'S ADOPTED!? INTRODUCING each member of our BIG FAMILY of 17!!!! (June 2023)